Certified Transmission is proud to offer a complete range of vehicle fleet maintenance services at our automotive repair facility in Independence. The primary goal of each and every member of our team of fleet support technicians is to keep your company's autos and trucks operating and safely on the roads of the Independence area with minimal break downs or excessive repairs. Certified Transmission believes that the key to achieving this fleet management objective is effective preventative maintenance. Every time we service or repair a truck or automobile in your fleet we inspect the vehicle from bumper to bumper. If one of our ASE certified technicians notices any needed services or repairs, you will be advised as to which ones should be addressed in order from most to least importance. A perfect example of such a situation would involve the belts on the vehicles in your fleet. If there is evidence of wear or tear on one or more belts in a an auto or truck, our preventative maintenance will enable us to inform you in time to assist your company in saving money by avoiding a major repair that may result in that belts failure.
When scheduling our fleet maintenance services we strive to arrange a schedule that is convenient for your company's optimal performance and day to day operations. We understand that having your entire fleet of vehicles in operation is crucial to your running a successful business.
Offered Fleet Maintenance Services
|D.O.T. Inspection||Scheduled Maintenance (PM) Programs||Environmentally Safe Oil Recovery|
|Belt Inspection and Replacement||Hydraulic Fitting / System Service||Heating / Cooling System Service|
|Pump and Filter Maintenance||Alternator / Battery Service||Electrical System Service|
|Truck and Trailer Repair||Exhaust System Service||Air Conditioning (R134)|
|Brake System Service||Landing Gear Service||Certified Technicians|
|Drive Line Service||Freeze-up Service||In-house Welding|
Fleet Management & Maintenance Tips
- Regularly check your owner's manual, but a good practice is to change the oil filter regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles is recommended.
- Check the fluids, to include steering, brake, power, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids in your fleets autos and trucks play an important role in the performance and safety of your fleet's vehicles.
- Proper tire inflation. Improperly inflated tires will result in a loss in optimal fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be inspected and checked at least once per month.
- Keep the engine in your fleet's vehicles tuned as a plugged/restricted fuel injector or fouled spark plug can reduce, fuel efficiency, sometimes by as much as 30 percent.
- Lubricate the chassis frequently. This maintenance service can prolong the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Inspect the post and battery cables for corrosion and clean them if needed. If not a maintenance-free battery, the fluid should also be checked and filled if it is low.
- Frequently check the lighting system, to include headlamps, turning signals, and brake and tail lights.
- Inspect windshield wipers for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Regularly inspect the engine belts as worn belts will affect the performance of the vehicles in your fleet. Take notice of any cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Inspect the air filtration system regularly. Air filters need to be inspected every other oil change for damage or clogging. This system ensures that your fleet is performing at its peak condition.